Buy Lopid online 300mg ($2.46/Pill)
- Product Code: N/P
- Availability: In Stock
Lopid is used for treating high blood cholesterol and triglycerides. It is used along with an appropriate diet. Lopid is an antihyperlipidemic agent. It works by lowering the blood levels of triglycerides and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) ("bad") cholesterol by reducing their production by the liver. It also increases blood levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) ("good") cholesterol.
Use Lopid as directed by your doctor.
- Take Lopid by mouth twice a day 30 minutes before morning and evening meals, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
- Lopid is most effective when used with a diet that reduces the intake of cholesterol and saturated fats, and an exercise program.
- Take Lopid on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it.
- If you miss a dose of Lopid, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Lopid.
Store Lopid at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Lopid out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Gemfibrozil.
Do NOT use Lopid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Lopid
- you have severe cirrhosis or liver problems, severe kidney disease, gallstones, or gallbladder disease
- you are taking an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor (eg, simvastatin) or repaglinide.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Lopid. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines or other substances
- if you have kidney problems.
Some medicines may interact with Lopid. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, simvastatin) because the risk of side effects, such as muscle pain, weakness, and kidney problems, may be increased
- Oral anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of side effects, including the risk of bleeding, may be increased
- Bexarotene or oral antidiabetic agents (eg, glyburide, repaglinide, pioglitazone) because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased by Lopid
- Sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Lopid.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Lopid may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Lopid may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Lopid with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using Lopid.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Lopid before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Additional monitoring of your dose or condition may be needed if you are also taking high-dose niacin (1 g or more per day).
- Lab tests, including liver function, kidney function, blood cholesterol, and blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Lopid. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Lopid with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially liver or kidney problems.
- Lopid should not be used in children; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Lopid while you are pregnant. It is unknown if Lopid is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Lopid.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Diarrhea; indigestion; stomach pain.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); abnormal heartbeat; blurred vision; decreased sexual ability; depression; joint pain; muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness (with or without fever and fatigue); numbness and tingling; painful or frequent urination; persistent or severe diarrhea, dizziness, headache, or stomach pain; sore throat or fever; unusual tiredness or weakness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.